Messenger codes were deprecated by Facebook (all versions) on October 29, 2019
How do I find and download my Messenger code?
Your Page’s Messenger code is a great branding element for your chatbot. It is a unique code, with your logo at the center, that you can download and share both offline and online. When a person scans your Page’s code using the Messenger app, they automatically start a conversation with your chatbot!
To download your Page’s Messenger code:
- Click Messages or Inbox at the top of your Page
- Click in the bottom left
- Click Messenger Code
- Click Download and select an image resolution
For most updated information please see this Facebook Help article on Messenger codes
How do I scan a code?
Messenger codes can only be scanned via the Messenger iOS and Android apps. They can’t be scanned via the facebook app or the web versions of Facebook or Messenger.
To scan your chatbot’s code:
- Form Home, click on your profile picture in the top right corner
- Click on your picture at the top of the page
- You’ll now see your own personal code! Tap My Code to let someone scan your